The minor provides students with basic sociological knowledge and can supplement and enhance a chosen major through the study of related topics. Students should contact the undergraduate advisor for any questions regarding program requirements or if they are interested in obtaining a sociology minor.
- Learn more about our exciting minor concentrations.
Students must complete five upper-division (300/400-level) SOC courses (at least 15 credits), including:
1) Required Course:
- SOC 300: Principles of Sociological Inquiry (4)
2) Four Elective SOC Courses:
- 300/400-level, with at least one 400-level course.
- SOC 100 or a 200-level UH Mānoa SOC course (or equivalent) is the prerequisite for 300-level SOC courses.
- SOC 300 is the prerequisite for the 400-level SOC courses.
- All minor courses must be taken for a letter grade unless they are only offered as Credit/No Credit.
- Prerequisite courses and all courses used for the minor must be passed with a grade of C (not C-) or better.
- SOC 499 and SOC 494/SOCS 489 credits cannot be used to fulfill minor requirements.