Gary Kazuo Sakihara Memorial Scholarship Fund
Nominations are announced and accepted each spring. The award can be used for tuition, books or travel to conferences to present research.
- Academic merit as demonstrated by a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in Sociology.
- Some degree of financial need, not necessarily as determined by federal guidelines.
- Recipients must be known for assisting and advising fellow graduate students with their research projects or community groups with their projects.
- Recipients must be nominated by one or more fellow graduate students or faculty members. Nominations must include 1-2 paragraphs (max) describing why the student is deserving of this award.
- Priority may be given to students whose research topics focus on an innovative use of statistical techniques, methodologies, or on race and ethnic relations.
The selection committee will conduct interviews in late spring or early summer. The amount of the awards shall be determined by the selection committee based on the availability of funds and eligibility.